June 26, 2019 3 min read
We all have times in life when we're in need of inspiration. Whether we've just experienced a major change or we're simply feeling low, quotes are the perfect pick-me-up for any occasion. We've rounded up a list of our favorite spiritual quotes that offer inspiration and comfort during difficult times.
1. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
― Marianne Williamson
2. “There is no difference in souls, only the ideas about ourselves that we wear.”
― B.K.S. Iyengar
3. “Trust that your wounds are exactly as the Universe planned. They were divinely placed in your life in the perfect order so that you could show up for them with love and remember the light within.”
― Gabrielle Bernstein
4. “Flowers don’t open and close according to who is walking by. They open and show their beauty regardless.”
― Rebecca Campbell
5. “Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find."
— Wayne Dyer
6. “Don't surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn't true anymore.”
― Cheryl Strayed
7. “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.”
— Dalai Lama
8. “We can’t create a new future while we’re living in our past. It’s simply impossible.”
― Joe Dispenza
9. “The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it.”
― Henri Nouwen
10. “Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship - a play between divine grace and willful self-effort.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert
11. “The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.”
― Oprah Winfrey
12. “We create the world we live in. If we want to change what we don't like in the world, we must start by changing what we don't like about ourselves.”
― Sharon Gannon
13. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.”
― Eckhart Tolle
14. “What I’m looking for is not out there, it is in me.”
— Helen Keller
15. “For truly we are all angels temporarily hiding as humans.”
― Brian Weiss
16. “The real mission you have in life is to make yourself happy, and in order to be happy, you have to look at what you believe, the way you judge yourself, the way you victimize yourself.”
― Miguel Ruiz
17. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”
― Brené Brown
18. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
19. “All the work you’ve done up until now has been to lead you to this precise moment, to face precisely what you’re facing.”
― Baron Baptiste
20. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.”
― Deepak Chopra
21. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.”
― Yogi Bhajan
22. “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.”
― Jack Kornfield
23. “Every time we become aware of a thought, as opposed to being lost in a thought, we experience that opening of the mind.”
― Joseph Goldstein
24. "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
25. “You can do no greater harm than to fail to follow your inner truth.”
― Bhagavad Gita
So there you have it, 25 of our favorite motivational quotes from those who inspire us!
What are your favorite motivational quotes for tough times? Let us know yours in the comments below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get our latest tips, promotions, updates from the school and more...